Be the CEO of your SEO, An Interview with Perry Rosenbloom
It’s time to reimagine therapy and what it means to be a therapist. To support you as a whole person and a therapist, your hosts, Curt Widhalm and Katie Vernoy talk about how to approach the role of therapist in the modern age.
Interview with Perry Rosenbloom, CEO and Founder Brighter Vision
Perry Rosenbloom is the CEO & Founder of Brighter Vision, the worldwide leader in custom therapist website design. His connection to therapy and therapists runs deep: His mother-in-law owns a private practice and his father-in-law just received his 30 year chip. With connections to therapy and therapists, he is immensely proud to be able to help support them in their work and enable them to be successful business owners.
In this episode, we discuss:
- SEO is making sure that search engines understand what your business is about
- Sign up for Google My Business
- Make sure that your website has appropriate title tags and descriptions
- SEO research doesn’t necessarily apply to small businesses
- Use synonyms for aspects of your business
- Backlinks to other related websites improves your SEO
- Guest blogs on others websites should link back to your website
- Steady increases are more natural to search engines rather than flooding all at once
- Write specific service pages for each type of different services
- Links should be spread around to the different service pages
- Page ranks are boosted by links that determine the importance in search engine rankings
- Have a strategy for blogging & social media that fits with what you are able to provide
- Brightervision.com/katiecurt for one month free of Brighter Vision
We’ve pulled together any resources mentioned in this episode and put together some handy-dandy links.
Perry Rosenbloom at Brighter Vision
Free month of Brighter Vision!
Previous Episodes Mentioned:
Our events this year:
Who we are:
Curt Widhalm is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in private practice in the Los Angeles area. He is the Chief Financial Officer for the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, a Subject Matter Expert for the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Adjunct Faculty at Pepperdine University, and a loving husband and father. He is 1/2 great person, 1/2 provocateur, and 1/2 geek, in that order. He dabbles in the dark art of making “dad jokes” and usually has a half-empty cup of coffee somewhere nearby. Learn more at: http://www.curtwidhalm.com
Katie Vernoy is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, coach, and consultant. As a helping professional for two decades, she’s navigated the ups and downs of our unique line of work. She’s run her own solo therapy practice, designed innovative clinical programs, built and managed large, thriving teams of service providers, and consulted hundreds of helping professionals on how to build meaningful AND sustainable practices. In her spare time, Katie is secretly siphoning off Curt’s youthful energy, so that she can take over the world. Learn more at: http://www.katievernoy.com
A Quick Note:
Our opinions are our own. We are only speaking for ourselves – except when we speak for each other, or over each other. We’re working on it.
Our guests are also only speaking for themselves and have their own opinions. We aren’t trying to take their voice, and no one speaks for us either. Mostly because they don’t want to, but hey.
Stay in Touch:
Voice Over by DW McCann https://www.facebook.com/McCannDW/
Music by Crystal Grooms Mangano http://www.crystalmangano.com/