Marketing with Empathy
An interview with Kat Love, on the hurdles therapists face when marketing their practices. Curt and Katie talk with Kat about how to develop relationships with referral sources on social media, advice on writing website copy, and the great importance of knowing yourself (and processing some of your stuff) when making a marketing plan. We also talk about some data you’ll want to review to adjust your planning and writing prompts to help get you started.
It’s time to reimagine therapy and what it means to be a therapist. To support you as a whole person and a therapist, your hosts, Curt Widhalm and Katie Vernoy talk about how to approach the role of therapist in the modern age.
Interview with Kat Love
Therapists helped Kat heal from childhood sexual abuse, so now they specialize in helping therapists with their marketing. From helping you find the words to write to implementing the marketing strategies you need, Kat helps therapists get more clients, more referrals, and start making an impact. Check out Kat’s services that help with copywriting for therapists and marketing and business coaching for therapists.
In this episode we talk about:
- The hurdles that therapists have to jump over to market their practice
- How mindset blocks keep therapists from creating a marketing plan
- The confusion and overwhelm in the DIY marketing space
- When you don’t know how to execute your marketing plan
- The problem of doing too many social media channels at once
- How to network on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Building relationships with people on social media
- You can even do cold outreach and warm up the relationship within the digital world
- The importance of doing things that align with your natural talents and interests
- The type of data you should be looking at to adjust your marketing plan
- Ideas for how to market based on who you are
- Advice on writing website copy
- How journaling and blocking out time for self-discovery can move you past your blocks
- Understanding what works for you
- Vulnerability and self-awareness required for building a business and a website
- Your website isn’t about you
- What you may need to process before you can get your marketing on point
- The key things that need to come through in website copy
- Speaking to clients’ pain points so they feel seen
- Writing about the benefits of therapy in general as well as specifically with you
- Listening to your clients and asking your family and friends to understand how you show up as a helper, listener, and therapist
We’ve pulled together resources mentioned in this episode and put together some handy-dandy links. Please note that some of the links below may be affiliate links, so if you purchase after clicking below, we may get a little bit of cash in our pockets. We thank you in advance!
Connect with us!
Our Facebook Group – The Modern Therapists Group
Get Notified About Therapy Reimagined Conferences
Our consultation services:
Who we are:
Curt Widhalm is in private practice in the Los Angeles area. He is the cofounder of the Therapy Reimagined conference, an Adjunct Professor at Pepperdine University and CSUN, a former Subject Matter Expert for the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, former CFO of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, and a loving husband and father. He is 1/2 great person, 1/2 provocateur, and 1/2 geek, in that order. He dabbles in the dark art of making “dad jokes” and usually has a half-empty cup of coffee somewhere nearby. Learn more at: http://www.curtwidhalm.com
Katie Vernoy is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, coach, and consultant supporting leaders, visionaries, executives, and helping professionals to create sustainable careers. Katie, with Curt, has developed workshops and a conference, Therapy Reimagined, to support therapists navigating through the modern challenges of this profession. Katie is also Past President of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. In her spare time, Katie is secretly siphoning off Curt’s youthful energy, so that she can take over the world. Learn more at: http://www.katievernoy.com
A Quick Note:
Our opinions are our own. We are only speaking for ourselves – except when we speak for each other, or over each other. We’re working on it.
Our guests are also only speaking for themselves and have their own opinions. We aren’t trying to take their voice, and no one speaks for us either. Mostly because they don’t want to, but hey.
Stay in Touch:
Our Facebook Group – The Modern Therapist’s Group
Voice Over by DW McCann https://www.facebook.com/McCannDW/
Music by Crystal Grooms Mangano http://www.crystalmangano.com/
SPEAK YOUR MIND